At Sacred Heart Catholic School we work closely with a number of organisations both locally and nationally to provide a range of programs to support your child’s learning. We also have a comprehensive learning support program that supports students to reach their full potential.
Our Breakfast Club offers students a warm Milo and toast to give them the energy they need to start the school day. We are grateful for the support of Banjos Bakery and Foodbank Tasmania for their support in offering this service to students at Sacred Heart.
Eddie Rice Camps Tasmania support students from Sacred Heart with school holiday camps and the Head to Heart program. These experiences support students who do not often have the opportunity to attend camps and activities.
The School Wide Positive Behaviour Support Framework is embedded in all learning areas. We are pleased to see our students responding to the program and being positive, safe and respectful members of our School community.
Further programs/services offered include:
- School Psychologist - Nel Nichols, our School Psychologist is at our School each week to offer support where needed
- Chaplaincy - provides support for students who struggle with grief, hardship, poverty, anxiety and self-esteem
- Bravehearts – educating students on personal safety
- Rainbows – for students who have experiences loss.
- Peaceful Kids – for students that experience anxiety.
- Circle Time – provides social and emotional learning to reduce bullying, increase resilience, explore values and improve communication skills.
Please contact the School for more information on these programs.
ThinkUKnow is a partnership between the Australian Federal Police (AFP), the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Datacom and Microsoft Australia, and is delivered in collaboration with State and Territory police and Neighbourhood Watch Australasia.
Download their Guide to Cyber Safety
Download Nel's article: Motivation and Coping - Locus of Control